Community Van Hire
Our Community Van
In September 2017 Community House received an invaluable gift from Garry and Carol Haskett from Ashburton in the form of a Community Van. This Community Van is available for hire for community groups.
- Commercial $139 per day, for travel up to 300km
- Not For Profit $110 per day, for travel up to 300km
- Charge of .59cents per km for any additional travel above this limit
- All drivers must be 25 years or over with a Full NZ Drivers Licence.
- A copy of the license of all drivers is required to be kept by Community House when hiring.
- The Van is to be returned with a full tank of diesel, cleaned, ready for the next hire.
Please note that the van is NOT available for hire as a taxi.
The following procedure MUST be seen to when hiring the Community Van;
- Collection and Return to the Community House Carpark
- Bookings to be completed at Community House front desk
- Payment is made prior to travel
- Please note that the van Is diesel and must be returned to Community House with a full tank
- The Van Checklist and log book must be completed and returned at the end of each trip
- We do ask for a pre-authorisation hold on a credit card of $1000.00, which is our insurance excess. Once the van is returned undamaged this is removed. There is a second option where the excess can be reduced to $150. This choice requires a non-refundable amount of $50 to be paid on top of the daily rate.